La Práctica del Oficio y el Arte Alrededor de un Fuego: Everyday Sacred Hearth and Home Witchcraft & The Sagewordsmith Soul and the Art of Storytelling

#foodandbelonging


Food is often a necessary vehicle between one’s ancestors or the spiritual forces that guide their destiny. - Michael Twitty @thecookinggene ::
.
.
I would love to add growing food is often a necessary vehicle between our bodies and those whose bodies have divided and brought us here. .
.
In this round of Blood + Belonging I think I’ll spend more time and energy in the food as ancestors space :: the deeper I get into this work, this exploring, the retelling of the story of my near and far culture, the more I find myself in the dirt or the kitchen or filling my belly. Anything that brings me closer to seed or soil or fire or pot, I am remembering a deeper meaning of being human. . .
.
I am so grateful for this bounty of goodness from my generous garden. .
.

Want to write ancestral stories with me? Link in bio for more info. .
.
#bloodandbelonging #food #culture #ritual#ancestral #writing #writersofinstagram
·
·
Marybeth Bonfiglio. Writer.


Erin - The Irish have such a different history around food. The Great Hunger, being a big part of that. Still, or maybe because of that, food is a big part of my ancestral practice and veneration. It is why there is always food on the altar. It is why I bake their bread for offerings and connection. It is why I have climbed out of bed in the middle of sleepless nights to boil, or bake a potato, often on or in the wood stove, through tears and longing, simply to provide for their hungry souls. "Cothaigh" is the word for both nourish and nurture. I think of that word, often.

Me - "Cothaigh" 💗<3!!! I'll keep this word, it means what I feel. Thank you so much!

Erin - Samanta, to pronounce it, remember the "th" and the "gh" are both silent (if you do not speak Gaeilge). You are welcome. 💗<3

Me - Erin, thank you! As a philologus, I treasure these stitches so much.
Erin - Samanta, unbelievable! Very recently I was telling one of my daughters that, had I known about such a thing when I was younger, I would have loved to study philology!

Me - Dear Erin, then you're a fileuse de mots in the heart.💗<3

Erin - That is gorgeous...and I will claim that!

Me - Erin 💗<3 !!!

Marybeth Bonfiglio - Fileuse de mots in the heart for real Erin 💜🖤
.
This thread!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario