La Práctica del Oficio y el Arte Alrededor de un Fuego: Everyday Sacred Hearth and Home Witchcraft & The Sagewordsmith Soul and the Art of Storytelling

Highly Sensitive and Creative

Alanis Morissette comments on being highly sensitive and needing to take care of herself:

Alanis Morissette “I have a lot of friends who are a non-sensitive temperament, and they will be in what I consider a wildly over-stimulating environment, and they can stick it out, but I’m imploding…overwhelmed.
“I get maxed-out more quickly than some, so it’s my responsibility that I schedule little mini-breaks throughout the day, and have enough sleep.
“It’s almost incumbent on me to make sure that I take care, in a very fierce way, in order to be able to continue to write and to be the person I want to be.”

From post: Cheryl Richardson and Alanis Morissette on High Sensitivity.

~~~~~~

Here is an excerpt from “A Note From Cheryl” on the Miraval Resort site:

Have you ever felt too sensitive or empathic to live comfortably in a fast-paced, competitive, constantly changing world? Do you dislike the part of yourself that’s too easily affected by what others say and do?
Are you tired of conforming to society’s standards or the expectations of others just to fit in? Are you ready to allow the creative artist in you to emerge fully in the world?
Imagine how it would feel to see your sensitivity as a strength – a precious gift that deserves to be cherished and considered a blessing instead of a curse. Now imagine having the tools and skills to protect and nurture this gift, so you can feel fully equipped to live a fearless and fulfilling life!
I used to hate being so sensitive. This part of me felt burdensome, weak, and difficult to manage or hide.
For most of my formative years I felt like a pincushion in a world full of pins. But all that changed when I started working with my first coach, Thomas Leonard. He challenged me to reconsider the judgments I had about being sensitive and he showed me how to value and protect it.
I learned to set boundaries with those who didn’t respect my way of being in the world and to develop more supportive, soul-nurturing relationships with those who did. I began paying attention to what I required to live comfortably, peacefully, and in harmony with my personal rhythms and needs. And, I finally started giving presence to the creative desires that my soul had been longing to express.
Honoring my sensitivity dramatically changed my life. My health improved, my relationships deepened and became more balanced, and my work life became a rewarding journey as I gained greater access to the artist and healer within.
Now I’d like to help you do the same. As you learn how to see yourself with a new kind of appreciation, you’ll also learn to embrace and support your sensitive self so your life can change in dramatic ways, too.

:: Get to know your creative soul in a whole new way so you can develop the reverence and appreciation for yourself that you need and deserve.
:: Uncover the gifts your tender side has to offer by connecting with your own artist and healer within.
:: Discover exciting new ways to express your creativity and, in the process, become fully invested in living your best, most authentic life.
:: Learn to fiercely and gracefully protect your sensitivity.
:: Use “tapping techniques” (like EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques), to calm your mind and body when you feel distressed so you can allow your creative desires to flourish.
:: Develop and commit to a way of living that supports your sensitive temperament.
:: Establish a time management strategy that reflects your true nature, and helps you honor your daily priorities.
:: Discover work options that enable you to utilize your talents to the fullest in an environment where your soul can truly thrive.
:: Create intimate, “give and take” relationships with loved ones by communicating in respectful and healing ways.
:: Promote and support the sensitive sides of the children in your life.

~ ~ ~

In an interview, Alanis Morissette comments about the ambiguity many artists feel at times about their work:
“I live for having the larger conversations that are spawned by the content of the songs. That’s what I'm here to do, whether I like it or not.
Referring to one of the main themes of her song “Guardian” on her new album, she says it concerns “the degree of healing that is available with commitment and intimacy — whether it’s marriage or babies or commitment to friends who I imagine growing old with and dying at 108 together…. I’m terrified of intimacy, but I’m obsessed with wholeness.
– See more in my article: Alanis Morissette: Channeling rage and finding joy in creativity.
~ ~ 
~

Alanis Morissette

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario