La Práctica del Oficio y el Arte Alrededor de un Fuego: Everyday Sacred Hearth and Home Witchcraft & The Sagewordsmith Soul and the Art of Storytelling

Nurturer and Warrior

Now, two years ago.
Still true.
Still Bear. ❤️



Erin Gergen Halls
These words from a year ago, after the Battle for Backwater Bridge ~
I stayed up later than I should have, last night,
watching the live feeds from the front lines,
and then I dreamed I was back at Standing Rock.
Many things were the same...many things were different.
I was walking along the Cannonball River,
when I was joined by a Grandmother,
who I also saw as a Rabbit.
Tiny and delicate, as woman and hare;
long grey braids that were at times her ears,
and she told me she was the Moon.
She said I had to decide if I would be a Nurturer or a Warrior.
Turtle or Badger.
And I couldn't decide. I went back and forth. I saw myself in both roles. I didn't know how to choose...and I woke up that way, feeling so torn. Who am I really? What is my role, really? Should I do the work and be guided by love and compassion...or should I be a strong protector, and accept no surrender?
And, then I remembered 2 words written about me by a friend, yesterday.
These 2 words:
Mama Bear.
She's both, isn't she?
So, I went with option three. ❤️
·
Samanta Vega Díaz compartió una publicación.
19 h
Woa  !!! So honored to have crossed paths with you, Mama Bear! I'll keep this poem, Erin Gergen Halls, sister Witch! I used to feel like a warrior, but then health issues hit me, I'm still fighting to put my pieces together, nurturing from inside out, I await for the woman that emerges from this alchemical journey, I regret nothing, physical weakness reinforced my soul, darkness turned out to be my candle, and I got to see the many gifts. Tiny and delicate, as woman and hare, long grey braids that were at times her ears, that's how I now happily envision myself as a crone. I will run and run forever. Where the wild fields are mine. Because I'm the witch-hare with the red deer skin who is signing over the bones. I guess she's both too, isn't she?  Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are, One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Erin Gergen Halls I see you < Hare & Red Deer Witch Warrior Woman, all my love and greatest wishes to you, your health, and happiness <
Samanta Vega Díaz Dear Bear Mama Warrior and Nurturer, your love and wishes don't fall on deaf lissome ears <3 Thank you, Erin Gergen Halls. I see you too <

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario